IAEE Announces 2010 Call for Individual Award Nominations
Friday 16, April 2010
The International Association of Exhibitions and Events™ (IAEE) has added two new categories to its individual awards program, which recognizes and awards professionals in the exhibitions and events industry for their contributions.
"The awards committee is proud to announce the introduction of two new awards," says 2010 IAEE Awards Committee Chair Karen Howe, CEM. "The first new award, IAEE Educator of the Year, recognizes individuals who work diligently sharing their knowledge in a creative and positive way. Also new, the IAEE Committee/Task Force Volunteer of the Year Award honors individuals who dedicate their time and energy to accomplish the charge of their committee."
Each year, industry professionals can be nominated for any of the awards as long as they meet the criteria outlined by IAEE, found at www.iaee.com/awards. Nominations must be submitted to IAEE by 16 June 2010.
"The many dedicated individuals in our industry deserve to be recognized by their peers for going above and beyond. The joy of recognition by colleagues far outweighs the time it will take to complete the award nomination form. Please take a few minutes and think of someone who you believe should be acknowledged for his/her contribution. It is time our unsung heroes are no longer anonymous," says Howe.
These awards represent IAEE's highest honors:
- Pinnacle Award – recognizes an IAEE member who, over the years, has furthered IAEE's objectives of advancing exhibitions and events management through the promotion of education, the dissemination of knowledge and the introduction or development of innovative techniques, and who has been dedicated to the perpetuation of the highest ideals, trust and professionalism in this highly specialized field.
- Distinguished Service Award – presented to IAEE members who have rendered distinguished service to IAEE and to the exhibitions and events industry as a whole.
- Merit Award – presented to IAEE members whose ideas and/or work have benefited IAEE as an organization in some special way and is generally reserved for individuals who have stepped forward at the chapter/local level.
- NEW! Educator of the Year Award – recognizes an IAEE member who possesses outstanding creativity, a positive attitude and the ability to transfer knowledge through good communication skills and innovative teaching to promote life-long learning to exhibitions and events industry professionals. Educators include IAEE-education speakers, industry speakers, university professors and CEM faculty members.
- NEW! IAEE Committee/Task Force Volunteer of the Year Award – presented to an individual who has dedicated his/her time to the progress and fulfillment of the charge of a committee or task force on which they serve.
- Outstanding Achievement in Industry Leadership – recognizes an individual(s) who has made an extraordinary personal or professional commitment that materially contributes to the advancement of the exhibitions and events industry, and demonstrates how voluntary leadership can enhance or change the industry.
- Outstanding Achievement in Innovation in Business Solutions – recognizes the achievement in the creation of new and innovative business solutions.
- Outstanding Achievement in Marketing & Sales, Show Management – recognizes outstanding achievement of show management in marketing and sales activities.
- Outstanding Achievement in Marketing & Sales, Supplier – recognizes outstanding achievement, including customer service, of suppliers to the exhibitions and events industry.
- Rookie of the Year, Show Manager and Supplier – recognizes two IAEE members with three or less years of full-time exhibitions and events industry experience, who demonstrate excellent professional performance.
The IAEE awards committee reviews nominations, discussing each candidate's qualifications in depth, prior to recommending its selections to the IAEE board of directors. The final selections, chosen by the board, are based on merit. Recipients must have a proven track record and have forged new ground in the chapter, IAEE and/or the industry. Honorees will be recognized at Expo! Expo! IAEE's Annual Meeting & Exhibition to be held 7-9 December 2010 in New Orleans, La.
Information about the 2010 IAEE Individual Awards, including nomination forms for download, can be found at www.iaee.com/awards.
^ back to top
Trends, Report and Research
Find the best deals available today
The grey menu on the right is your best friend. Always check before you travel.
Plan your trips with the help of great resources
More and more travellers think that researching and planning a European city break is half the fun and they're not interested in pre-arranged trips or escorted tours. Self-guided tours offer a lot of advantages but require some guidance and good resources.
Clean, green and very pristine
Top 10 most environmentally pure countries
With the recent wild fires, disrupting flights and increasing air pollution, environmental quality is a growing factor in attracting tourists.
Top 15 most spectacular hotel rooftop views
The hotel price comparison site www.trivago.co.uk has put together a list of the fifteen most spectacular hotel rooftop terraces in the world.