Iberia to use iPad to enhance information management and customers care at Madrid hub
Thursday 20, January 2011
At its Madrid hub, Iberia is to deploy the IBPad, a revolutionary and pioneering system to supply its staff with all the information they need in real time and at any point in the Madrid-Barajas airport to inform and assist customers, anticipate problems, and make the best decisions at all times.
Based on the technology de the famous iPad, the IBPad system supports special content to facilitate supervision and control tasks by some 30 supervisors or agents per shift who are responsible for customer and passenger care at the airport. The new portable terminal will enable such staff to monitor developments in more detail and to respond to customer needs more quickly and efficiently.
The continuous supply of information from Iberia's Barajas Hub Control Centre will enable these agents to access a wide range of up-to-date information on which to base their decisions with regard to customers. This information includes:
- The real status of check-in counters (open, closed, number of employees on duty, scheduled time for closing and departure). The IBPad can also show images taken by the cameras in the area to show the length of queues, etc.
- The list of passengers with reduced mobility on each flight.
- The list of unaccompanied minors on each flight with full real-time information /type, minutes remaining, individualized confirmation of pickup by Red Jackets, etc.).
- Information on passengers at risk of missing connecting flights and their status as customers (Iberia Plus Platinum or Gold cardholders, etc.)
- Information on passengers on intercontinental flights that have not yet checked-in and the number of minutes remained before closing the flight.
- Flights at risk of being delayed or cancelled and any other incident that would impact on customers, by departure zone and the number of customers affected.
- List by departure zone of the status and progress of boarding procedures: starting times, possible delays, staff on (number, names and ranks), percentage of passengers boarded, etc.
- Baggage remaining to be loaded on each flight, with passenger name, as well incoming flight with baggage incidents, along with the number and names of affected passengers.
- View of main customer care documents such as passengers' rights, detailed procedures, style guide, audio flight announcements, information in several languages for customers, maps of airport zones, service schedules, etc.
- List of employees due to come on duty, with clock-in times and first scheduled tasks.
- List of employees with the least experience and their location and duties at all times, enabling supervisors to monitor them more closely.
- Details of all the check-in and boarding tasks to be performed for the companies served by Iberia, with confirmations of times, employees assigned, counters, and gates.
The IBPad system is loaded with 30 different applications which together put the entire airport in the palm of the employee's hand.
Iberia's handling unit, Iberia Airport Services, continues to use technology to enhance quality, and it Hub Control Centre and associated services at Madrid-Barajas are regarded as model for the world's airlines.
^ back to top
Trends, Report and Research
Find the best deals available today
The grey menu on the right is your best friend. Always check before you travel.
Plan your trips with the help of great resources
More and more travellers think that researching and planning a European city break is half the fun and they're not interested in pre-arranged trips or escorted tours. Self-guided tours offer a lot of advantages but require some guidance and good resources.
Clean, green and very pristine
Top 10 most environmentally pure countries
With the recent wild fires, disrupting flights and increasing air pollution, environmental quality is a growing factor in attracting tourists.
Top 15 most spectacular hotel rooftop views
The hotel price comparison site www.trivago.co.uk has put together a list of the fifteen most spectacular hotel rooftop terraces in the world.