Novotel opens in downtown Barcelona
Monday 12, April 2010
The Novotel Barcelona City is in an ideal spot, between the old city and the sea, and a stone’s throw from Torre Agbar and Sagrada Familia.
The vital statistics: 264 rooms (incl. 22 junior suites), 1 restaurant, 1 bar and 4 meeting rooms. The nice-to-have extra features: 1 hammam, 1 gym and 1 simply spectacular rooftop terrace (incl. a bar and swimming pool) overlooking Barcelona.
Designed for comfort
The Novotel Barcelona City was fashioned to relax guests from the drawing-board stage.
Novotel used interior architect Patrick Genard's talent to encapsulate its new Designed for Natural Living spirit in the Novotel Barcelona City. And that was exactly what he did, intertwining the environmental values that this hotel brand cherishes into the Catalan capital's cultural hustle and bustle.
The decoration is a flawless blend of nature's four elements. Water, fire, earth and air, in other words, intermingle elegantly in the hotel's various areas. Patrick Genard explains, "Humankind has always lived together with these four elements. Cities, however, have built artificial barriers that thwart our interaction with them. The decoration in the Novotel Barcelona City helps us to break down those barriers between beings and to dispel the distance between them."
This notion of a reconciliation between all forms of life stretches beyond the atmosphere that this designer has created, and shines through the works of art and decorative objects stylishly sprinkled around the hotel.
The areas that patrons enjoy during their experience in this hotel embody the various elements.
- Water: the marine silhouettes and hushed shades of blue light create an atmosphere quite unlike anything else at the bar
- Fire: the kitchen, the Le Claravia restaurant's throbbing heart, is the hearth
- Earth: besides being designed for ultimate convenience, the meeting rooms are clothed in soothing, uplifting colours
- Air: the gym, lounge bar, terrace and swimming pool are soaked in Barcelona's amazing light
A wealth of amenities for an all-round unwinding experience
Le Novotel Barcelona City was built to cater for tourists and business travellers alike, and features a full range of products and services to make their experiences here as comfortable as possible.
- Free Wi-Fi access everywhere in the hotel, a Web Corner on a Mac, and free Internet access in the lobby.
- In rooms, the customers benefit from a maximum of comfort around 4 spaces: the bed equipped with a soft braid and with a head of ergonomic bed, the space flexible desk, the relaxing space welcoming a comfortable sofa and mobile furniture of supplement and the bathroom endowed with a wide shower with rain shower knob and with a demisting mirror. LCD flat-screen TVs with a wide selection of international channels, free WiFi access, air conditioning, safes and mini bars complete advantageously equipments. Junior suites offer some more of space and the view on the sea.
- The Family&Novotel policy: free accommodation and breakfast for two children under 16 sharing their parents' or grandparents' room and breakfast table, rooms available until 5pm Sundays, free amenities for babies, play areas in the lobby (incl. Xbox consoles), welcome gifts, and more.
- Unsurpassed meeting facilities with Meeting@Novotel deals: 4 meeting rooms (approx. 600 sqm) with all the equipment you need, and a dedicated contact to take care of everything you need for and during meeting.
The Novotel Barcelona City is the perfect spot for a holiday or business trip. It is a quiet haven in this fabulous city that never stops. It is the 5th Novotel in Catalonia and the 14th in Spain.
Special offer "early breaks": double room from 99 €
More information on the www.novotel.com site
More and more travellers think that researching and planning a European city break is half the fun and they're not interested in pre-arranged trips or escorted tours. Self-guided tours offer a lot of advantages but require some guidance and good resources.
With the recent wild fires, disrupting flights and increasing air pollution, environmental quality is a growing factor in attracting tourists.
The hotel price comparison site www.trivago.co.uk has put together a list of the fifteen most spectacular hotel rooftop terraces in the world.