Starwood and AMEX offer new travel points credit card
Thursday 1, April 2010
Starwood Preferred Guest and American Express Canada are pleased to announce the launch of its new joint rewards Cards, the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express.
For years, the Starwood Preferred Guest points system has been one of the best-rated traveller's rewards programs with stays at top of the line brands like Le Meridien, Westin, Sheraton, W Hotels, and more. It's about to get even better.
The new Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express offers exciting rewards and a great way to rack up points even faster. Here are the details:
Earn 1 Starpoint for every $1 charged to the Card. This is in addition to the points you already earn at Starwood Preferred Guest hotels as an SPG member
- 10,000 Welcome Bonus Starpoints - enough for up to 3 free nights.
- Upgrade to Gold Preferred status when you spend more than $30,000 annually on your Card, giving you 4 Starpoints for every $1 charged to the Card at Starwood properties, automatic room upgrades, late check-out and more
- Receive a Free Weekend Night at hotels and resorts worldwide when you spend more than $40,000 annually on your Card
- Redeem Starpoints for Free Nights with no blackout dates. Redeem for free nights at more than 940 of the world's most distinctive hotels in 93 countries including St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Aloft, Element and Four Points by Sheraton
- Use Starpoints for free flights on more than 350 airlines with no blackout dates with SPG Flights. You can also transfer your Starpoints to frequent flyer miles on more than 30 airlines. Plus when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to a frequent flier program, you receive a 5,000 Starpoint bonus
- Take advantage of American Express premium Card benefits, including Front of the Line access and round-the-clock, international customer service
- The rich rewards of the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express will be available for personal use in Canada for an annual fee of $120
- Card will offer a broad range of travel insurances such as Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance, Travel Accident Insurance, and Flight & Baggage Delay Insurance.
^ back to top
Trends, Report and Research
Find the best deals available today
The grey menu on the right is your best friend. Always check before you travel.
Plan your trips with the help of great resources
More and more travellers think that researching and planning a European city break is half the fun and they're not interested in pre-arranged trips or escorted tours. Self-guided tours offer a lot of advantages but require some guidance and good resources.
Clean, green and very pristine
Top 10 most environmentally pure countries
With the recent wild fires, disrupting flights and increasing air pollution, environmental quality is a growing factor in attracting tourists.
Top 15 most spectacular hotel rooftop views
The hotel price comparison site www.trivago.co.uk has put together a list of the fifteen most spectacular hotel rooftop terraces in the world.