The Top 10 British Business Hotels
Friday 26, February 2010
hotel.info, the international hotel reservation service with over 210,000 hotels worldwide, which offers its service free of charge, has recently undertaken a detailed survey of the booking patterns of its corporate customers all over the world during 2009.
Based on the important premise of the price and service provided to the business traveller and the resultant preference of these travellers for hotels in the middle and up-market segments, the study has concentrated on 2, 3 and 4-star hotels. The ranking of the 10 most frequently booked hotels is based on the evaluations given by guests who have stayed in them.
Here is the list of the 2 to 4-star hotels in Great Britain most frequently booked by business travellers:
1. Hilton London Canary Wharf 4*, London
2. Gästehaus am RPTC 4*, München
3. Hilton London Tower Bridge 4*, London
4. Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport 4*, London Stansted Airport
5. Apartmenthotel 196 Bishopsgate 4*, London
6. Ashburn Hotel 4*, London
7. Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Shoreditch 4*, London
8. Express by Holiday Inn Liverpool John Lennon Airport 2*, Liverpool
9. Holiday Inn Kenilworth 3*, Kenilworth
10. Mercure Holland House Hotel & Spa Bristol 4*, Bristol
* Please note: the ranking of the ten most frequently booked hotels is based on the evaluations awarded by guests who have stayed in them (best possible mark = 10.0).
By comparison here are the Top 15 2 to 4-star hotels booked by business travellers in Europe:
1 Hotel Schild 4*, Austria Vienna
2 AC Hotel Porto 4*, Portugal Porto
3 Airport-Hotel Budapest 4*, Hungary: Vecses
4 Crowne Plaza Hotel Helsinki 4*, Finland Helsinki
5 Courtyard by Marriot Colombes 4*, France Colombes
6 RAMADA PLAZA Basel Hotel & Conference Center 4*, Switzerland Basle
7 Hilton London Tower Bridge 4*, Great Britain London
8 AC Hotel Zizur Mayor 4*, Spain Zizur Mayor
9 Hotel Jan III Sobieski 4*, Poland Warsaw
10 Le Boutique Hotel Moxa 4*, Romania Bucharest
11 Central Hotel Forum 4*, Bulgaria Sofia
12 Holiday Inn Stuttgart 4*, Germany Stuttgart
13 Hilton Milan hotel 4*, Italy Milan
14 Scandic Hotel Alvik 3*, Sweden Stockholm
15 Mövenpick Hotel Prag 4*, Czech Republic Prague
* Please note: the list is compiled on the basis of the most frequently booked business hotel in each of the major European countries. The best booked hotel in each country was placed in the ranking as a result of their total evaluations awarded (best possible mark = 10.0).
The results are generally dominated by the chain hotels. The Hotel Schild in Vienna came out top and is surprisingly the only independent hotel to achieve a European ranking, followed by the AC Hotel Porto and the Airport Hotel in Budapest.
More and more travellers think that researching and planning a European city break is half the fun and they're not interested in pre-arranged trips or escorted tours. Self-guided tours offer a lot of advantages but require some guidance and good resources.
With the recent wild fires, disrupting flights and increasing air pollution, environmental quality is a growing factor in attracting tourists.
The hotel price comparison site www.trivago.co.uk has put together a list of the fifteen most spectacular hotel rooftop terraces in the world.