Travel Writers Association announces travel journalism and photo competition
Thursday 16, September 2010
This competition is open to the public as well as Travel Writers Association members. Winners will receive a cash prize, trophy and a trip to the awards ceremony for two people.
Travel Writers Association will be holding their first writing, photo and online media competition beginning Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Submissions will be accepted from 12:01 am Wednesday, September 15, 2010 through 12:01 am Tuesday, February 15, 2011.
There are four categories:
Entry fees apply. This competition is open to the public as well as Travel Writers Association members.
Winners will receive a cash prize, trophy and a trip to the awards ceremony for two people. The awards ceremony will take place in May, 2011 during the Travel Writers Association convention/conference. Submissions will be accepted from 12:01 am Wednesday, September 15, 2010 through 12:01 am Tuesday, February 15, 2011. For more information and to enter please visit: http://twa.memberlodge.com/TWACompetition
Rules and Terms of Agreement
1. The “Travel Writers Association” travel writing competition is open to those aged 18 years. Membership in Travel Writers Association is NOT required unless otherwise specified.
2. All information detailing how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. All entries must be received by the published closing date.. We ONLY accept articles and photos via attachment to the entry form. An upload/browse button has been provided to attach articles and photos - no exceptions. Submissions will be accepted from 12:01 am Wednesday, September 15, 2010 through 12:01 am Tuesday, February 15, 2011.
4. Entries must be the original work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that no element of their entry infringes the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entries will be judged on which are the most original, interesting and informative for written submissions. Photo submissions will be judged on subject, originality, clarity and artistic character.
5. The judging panel will be comprised of representatives of highly qualified members of the Travel Writers Association. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into with the judging panel.
6. Copyright in all submissions to the competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to Travel Writers Association to feature any or all of the submissions in any of its publications, its websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. Illegible, incomplete or defaced entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. The winning entries will be announced on April 15, 2011.
9. Prizes will be award at a ceremony one evening during the Travel Writers Association Conference in May, 2011.
10. The prizes are subject to the rules set forth in this competition.
11. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
12. Entries are not official until payment via PayPal is received. No refunds issued, no exceptions. Failure to pay or chargebacks from PayPal will automatically disqualify your entry or entries.
13. There is no limit to how many entries maybe submitted, however, payment MUST accompany each entry and each entry MUST be submitted individually.
14. Judges decisions are final.
15. No cash compensation will be made if winner is unable to attend the awards ceremony
More and more travellers think that researching and planning a European city break is half the fun and they're not interested in pre-arranged trips or escorted tours. Self-guided tours offer a lot of advantages but require some guidance and good resources.
With the recent wild fires, disrupting flights and increasing air pollution, environmental quality is a growing factor in attracting tourists.
The hotel price comparison site www.trivago.co.uk has put together a list of the fifteen most spectacular hotel rooftop terraces in the world.